Tip Material: Wood
Tip Shape: Oval
The 5B is a standard diameter drumstick for the heavy hitter; a larger general purpose stick for rock, pop, punk and pop perfect for when a 5A is too small and a 2B is too big.
- Hickory is the most popular wood choice for drumsticks due to its resilience, responsiveness, durability, and classic feel
- Diameter: .590" Length: 16"
- Oval wood tip provides a dark, warm tone suited for multiple applications
- Medium taper for balanced response and rebound
- All ProMark drumsticks are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA at our Texas facility to the most stringent quality controls in the industry
About ProMark Drum Sticks
The ProMark company was founded in 1957 by Herb Brochstein, a professional drummer and drum shop owner. ProMark has always been a family business and so continues with the 2011 purchase by D’Addario & Company from Herb’s son Maury. The offices and factory remain in Houston, Texas; manufacturing hickory, maple and Japanese Shira Kashi™ Oak (ProMark was the first American drumstick company to successfully market sustainable Japanese Oak) drumsticks in its modern 90,000 square foot facility.
ProMark uses only un-endangered wood in the manufacturing of its sticks and mallets. The harvesting of our hardwoods is carefully controlled, with replenishment of the forest as one of our top concerns. Prior to becoming drumsticks, the wood goes through a multitude of selection and pre-finishing processes at our own mill in the mid-south, followed by rigorous inspections throughout the manufacturing process.
The Houston manufacturing team works with the state-of-the-art machinery to produce the drumsticks, keyboard and timpani mallets that are designed tested and used by top performers, educators, students and enthusiasts throughout the world.
ProMark has been the sticks of choice by such renowned artists as Neil Peart, the late Elvin Jones, Ringo Starr, Phil Collins, Mike Portnoy, 9-time DCI champion Concord Blue Devils, and many, many more.